Position: Restaurant and Food Service Training Center Manager
Date Posted: 10/31/2022
Location: Redford, Michigan
Salary: $50,000 – $55,000 annual salary
Supervisor: Executive Director, Wayne County Disability Network Detroit
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Disability Network Wayne County Detroit in partnership with TuTu’s Soul Food restaurant is seeking to hire a Restaurant and Food Service Training Center Manager. The manager is responsible for shift management and the operational excellence. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Coordinate daily restaurant management operations
- Delivering superior food service and maximizing customer satisfaction
- Responding efficiently and accurately to restaurant customer complaints
- Manage staffing needs to ensure proper staffing levels are maintained; review applications, interview candidates, and training.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and equipment is operating properly.
- Manage shifts to achieve sales and profit goals.
- Create employee schedules to accommodate full staffing needs.
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products and ensure compliance with sanitation.
- Manage restaurants good image and suggest improvements.
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Promote brand and restaurant events in local community and through word of mouth.
- Recommend methods to reach a broader audience (ex. Discounts, social media ads)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum two years management experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Energetic and flexible.
- Ability to address conflict without escalating the issue.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Forms strong working relationships within team.
- Must possess proper food handler and alcohol dispensing certifications.
- Supervision over hourly employees during each shift
- Deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Hire qualified cooks and other staff and set work schedules
- Oversee food prep and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Implement policies and protocol that will ensure existing and future restaurant operation
Job Type: Full-time
Drug screening and background check required