Position: Social Worker for transitional services.
Position Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 9/15/2022
Location: Wayne County, Michigan
Supervisor: Executive Director
Salary: $48,000 – $62,500 Annually
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Social Worker, as a member of the Community Transitional Services team, provides
services in response to the social and emotional needs of persons living in Wayne County
nursing home facilities with disabilities. A core priority is to transition clients from
nursing homes back into the community to reestablish a more independent lifestyle. The
Social Worker also assists with admissions and the referral process to secure housing that
is safe and ADA accessible.
• Assist in completing paperwork as needed for persons with disabilities seeking
• Conduct and document a social services evaluation, including identification of
resident problems/needs and community transition assessment.
• Provide/arrange for social work services as indicated by needs assessment.
• Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of social work
practice in job situations.
• Ability to establish criteria to assure that services provided meet established
standards of quality.
• Conduct a follow along for up to six months to evaluate if the primary needs of the
client have been met to live independently in the community.
• Implements social service interventions that address resident needs, and link social
supports, physical care, and physical environment to enhance quality of life.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Master’s Degree preferred
• At least three years of experience in the provision of health or social services.
• Current license as Social Worker in State of Michigan
• Current knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that apply to the
practice of social work.
• Must be able to express self adequately in written and oral communication, and
communicate effectively with supervisor, staff members and other departments
• Paid Time Off
**To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org**