Every person is unique with their own personal story, however; we tend to have similar experiences. Peer support is an integral component of our core services that promotes a better understanding and greater knowledge of the disability experience.
- • Connect individuals with disabilities for support and information
- • Volunteer placement and training opportunities
Disability Network Wayne County Detroit is currently hosts the following peer groups:
- • People First – This an advocacy based group which focuses on disability issues and newsworthy topics. For additional details, check out our Events Calendar.
- • Brain Injury – This support group provides information and resources surrounding Brain Injuries. For additional details, check out our Events Calendar.
- • Veterans Support Group – This group provides information, resources, and fellowship for Veterans. For additional details, check out our Events Calendar.